There are lots of things for kids to do at CUF! Our kids discover their faith and spirituality with open minds, open hands, and open hearts.
We would love to meet you.
OCTOBER SHARING CIRCLES
Rev. Sarah wants to get to know the Fellowship and its members and friends, so she and an enthusiastic team have come up with Sharing Circles. A Sharing Circle is:
- Guided discussion group of 10-12 people
- Meets for 75 minutes
- Eight scheduled (times and dates below); sign up for one discussion.
- Sign-up sheets will be available Sunday mornings starting Sept. 28th. You can also sign up by sending an email with the discussion you’d like to attend to Rev. Sarah: email@example.com.
- Uses the CUF Mission and Vision Statements to guide questions about individuals' experiences at the Fellowship. Some questions about covenants will also be on the Discussion Guide.
- Discussion Guide is included below and in October Weekly Bulletins, and in hard copy Sunday mornings, so that people can think and make notes about what they'd like to share.
- Those who can't or would prefer not to participate in a Sharing Circle can use the Discussion Guide to write their stories and give them to Rev. Sarah.
- All youth and adults, no matter how long your association with the Fellowship, are invited to participate!
Please sign up on the Sharing Circles Board in the CUF foyer or email Rev. Sarah with your preference of date and time: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARING CIRCLE DATES AND TIMES
|A: Sunday 10/12,
||1:00 – 2:15pm
|B: Tuesday 10/14
||5:15 – 6:30pm
|C: Monday 10/20
||11:00am – 12:15pm
|D: Friday 10/24
|E: Sunday 10/26
||1:30 – 2:45pm
|F: Wednesday 10/29
||6:30 – 7:45pm
|G: Thursday 10/30
||7:00 - 8:15pm
|H: Sunday 11/2
||12:00 - 1:15pm
Link to Sharing Circle Discussion Guide
PETE SEEGER CELEBRATORY SONGFEST - Sun., Oct 12th - 3-6 pm at Carbondale Unitarian Fellowship
Come celebrate with us the life and music of iconic folksinger-songwriter Pete Seeger with his close friend, Jim Scott! Jim (who is also friends with Rev. Sarah) played music with Pete Seeger over the years and knew him quite well. Now that Pete has passed on, Jim Scott does shows all over the country, sharing stories and songs about this legendary folk icon. This is an old-fashioned sing-along, so feel free to join in the music if you are so moved.
A donation of $10 is requested. Please invite as many of your friends as you can--CUF gets a cut of the money generated. Light snacks will be served; child care TBA. Stay tuned for more details as this event evolves!
Pete Seeger was not just a singer-songwriter. He was committed to the actions he wrote about in his songs and set a good example for us all in what a few people can accomplish.. Thanks in large part to his concerted efforts over years, for example, the Hudson River in New York State, which used to be heavily polluted, is clean.